Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Burden of Love

"In love, there are ... times when the burden causes you to question your commitment. Do not be afraid of these times."


On the first of every month, Our Lord gives Anne a new message about His call to service.

March 1, 2008

Jesus

My dear friend, you will learn so much about love in heaven. You will look back at your time on earth and you will understand that many things that occurred to you were both exercises in love and opportunities to love. There is misunderstanding about love in the world but those who follow Me, My beloved apostles, seek to master love as I mastered love, in sacrifice. It is true that love creates joy. This is true. But when we take on love, it is also at times like taking on a burden which must then be carried. We should not decide for love and then, finding that love burdensome at times, set it down and walk away from it. This is not how it is done. On the contrary, if you love as I loved, you will find at times that the weight of love is heavy. I experienced this on Calvary when I carried My love for you to My death. Did I make the right decision, to pay the ultimate price for love? Of course I did. What else would I do, given the wonderful creation that is you? In the same way, I want each of My apostles to expect their love for Me to be a burden to them at times. This is normal. I want each of My apostles to expect their love for others to be a burden to them at times. This is also normal. In love, there are times when the decision to love feels light, of course, and there seems to be no burden to it at all. Rejoice in these times. In love, there are other times when the burden causes you to question your commitment. Do not be afraid of these times. This questioning is necessary for your growth. I experienced this, too. I was tempted toward an easier way. When love is tried this way and triumphs, that love becomes firmer and less likely to be disappointed later. Welcome the challenges to love, even while you decide for love. I will be with you in each situation, counselling you to humility and gentleness. View each challenge as a worthy exercise, allowed by heaven to teach you about eternity. See the opportunities to love all of those around you, particularly those whom you find it difficult to agree with at times. Please do not be alarmed when you are disappointed in love, when others fail you. This was also My experience and this will also benefit you because it will help you to learn forgiveness. I will bring you to greater holiness with each experience if you remember that I am with you and that I love you perfectly and completely. From the secure place that is My heart, you will go forward with self assurance, confident that you are cherished. This confidence will express itself in an increased ability to love those around you. Be at peace, dear apostles. My plan is such that you will learn to live like residents of heaven. All is well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Did you write this? Well said!

Marie said...

Hi! thanks for visiting.

No, I didn't write this. Anything with the label "Direction for Our Times" on this blog generally contains a locution recorded by a woman known as Anne (its a pseudonym to protect her anonymity), as she receives them from our Lord and sometimes from various saints. Visit www.directionforourtimes.org to learn and read more.

webster mashava said...

Marie thanks for this opportunity. i really need your help on ways to contact Anne cause the same message you wrote here came as a revelation to me recently. i'm webster and my email:webster.mashava@gmail.com

Marie said...

Check www.directionforourtimes.com