Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Anne and Fr. Guissani

Last fall, the Lord began to impart two special gifts to me. First was a local School of Community through which I discovered a lively fellowship and the writings of Fr. Luigi Guissani. Shortly thereafter was the messages given to "Anne," a locutionist from Ireland. Communion and Liberation and Direction for our Times. The latter had the quicker impact on me while the first receded for a time, then over the summer the situation reversed for a time. And now I find myself holding both, and being very joyful and peaceful.

And I find myself in a sort of hall of mirrors. What does Fr. Guissani tell me? We need to live total dependence on God, aware of His presence with us as what determines everything in life. What does Jesus say through Anne? That He wants so much for us to be aware that He is not aloof, but with us, and that He desires for us to turn to Him frequently, offering our days, asking for direction, asking to know God's will. And that He promises peace to those who will search for Him in this way.

Both truly are the basic call of Christianity, but both seem to be expressly tailored to the needs of us moderns. For me specifically, Fr. Guissani's writings appeal to an intellectual need I have, to grow, to stretch, to work hard with my mind and my consciousness. Anne's messages appeal to a practical need I have to get the point viscerally, and to remind me of the basic tools I need to use daily for Christian life. I just love how God provides for what I need! I have so many needs, and if I could only see the lengths to which God goes to help me! Now there's a cause for Thanksgiving.

No comments: