Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Patron for 2008


I am excited to announce that my 2008 patron is St. John Vianney. My husband was chosen by St. Peter Julian Eymard, so two patrons who are very concerned with the priesthood and evangelization. Well, duh, I suppose every saint is concerned with the priesthood and evangelization! My son's patron is St. Walburga, who I now know was a princess whose father, uncle, and three brothers (one of which was St. Boniface) were all saints. She was an abbess and lived in the 8th century in Germany and is considered the first female author of England or Germany. My daughter's patron is St. Monica. So, we have sort of an inverse of last year; my son's 2007 patron (St. Luke) was the only one of our bunch I'd ever heard of before our matching.

If you'd like to be chosen by your own patron for the new liturgical year, just go here.

No comments: