Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Sigh Day

I'm having a "sigh" day. Ever had one of those?

I sell stuff on ebay sometimes, and had a bunch of auctions close last night. Yippee, I thought. Some things sold that I didn't even anticipate selling. Then I got an email from one of the purchasers today who asked me the kinds of questions you need to ask before you buy something, and then asked me to provide a USPS tracking number, oh except the mailing service he paid for doesn't offer that possibility. Sigh.

I respond to blog posts here and there with comments sometimes, and I posted a comment the other day. Someone made rather rude comments to the poster, and, even though I knew it is futile to try to make people "see the light" with my being conciliatory and reasonable, I gave it a shot. And I even went back to see if I got a reaction (that should be my first sigh for this story.) Of course the poster was rude to me, too, and missed my point by a mile. The poster's name is easy to guess: anonymous. Sigh.

My children are tired, my children are cranky, my children are recovering from a little bug where the best medicine is sleep. They are into having this fight that I just can't bring myself to get mad over -- each one grabs on to me and says "She's my mommy!" "No, she's my mommy!" What can I do but... Sigh.

Sigh days make me second-guess all my best intentions and suspect that I have created all the misunderstandings currently in existence in the world.

But, there's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ok, let me just add to the list that I basically laid the responsibility for a certain library item I was rock solid sure I returned, but didn't, at the feet of one particular librarian, who called to graciously extend my time because after scouring the shelves, they couldn't find it. I just knew I had placed it directly into his hands and told another librarian so! Yes, I have library OCD!

Sigh!!

FloridaWife said...

I know what you mean about the comments on blogs. Every now and then I get one on my blog that upsets me and I feel like going into defense mode, etc. I've never gone back and forth on someone else's blog, though. (My husband does that.)

Sorry about that eBay buyer. While I'm on maternity leave, I'm going to sell some stuff that I have around here, so I'll find out what it's like.