Thursday, May 01, 2008

Music For Pentecost

My husband recent purchased a copy of the CD Shekinah Hosanna by Neven Pesa, a young man of Croatian descent who hopes to become a priest for the Basilian Salvatorian Fathers. You can read all about his quest here.

I have been playing the title track of this CD over and over the last few days. It is a gorgeous blend of Middle-Eastern music with just a tiny rock flavor to it, which has got to be one of my absolute favorite musical sounds. And the words are so evocative! They are a passionate pleading for the presence of God the Holy Spirit in and through the sacraments. Two lines in the chorus blow me away both musically and with the prayer they offer:

"Like to Mary make your presence known/ in all-consuming ... wonder!"

This song is a wonderful Pentecost novena prayer! (And sales of his CD will help him fund his seminary education.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm dying to hear this music!