Sunday, May 25, 2008

Asking Your Prayers

I'd like to ask all you faithful pray-ers out there to tuck my friend Patty into your on-going intercessions. For many reasons and in many ways she needs the prayer support of the Body of Christ right now, and you can read about some of the more tangible reasons in this post on her blog, Abba's Little Girl.

But if you spend some time investigating the rest of her blog you will discover that she is also in the midst of recounting her journey of forgiveness and healing from sexual abuse. It is a supreme understatement to say that this endeavor requires prayer. She bears witness to the power of Christ to transform the worst nightmare. Such witnesses need to be upheld in prayer, so please, my friends, pray for her.

I have known Patty for nearly eight years, having first "met" her via email and phone in 2000 when I worked for Scott Hahn and when she was investigating the Catholic faith. Since that time as I have told her on many occasions, I have felt that I was reading a book that already written, so strongly is Christ's guidance evident in her life. She came from one of the most anti-Catholic backgrounds you can imagine and has experienced not only her own conversion, but that of her entire immediate family. Her story has been published in various places including Suprised By Truth 3, on these websites, and in this most recent recording on Journeys Home with Marcus Grodi (click here and scroll to number 51) .

2 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I will pray for Patty!

Patty Bonds said...

Thank you, Marie. You are such a grace to me.