Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Time for a Meme

I've been pondering over meaningful things to say, but right now I'm tired, so I'm doing this meme that I found at Faith's Dumb Ox Academy instead.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE ? My great-grandmother, Marie Reik Blum. My daughter's middle name (which is hyphenated) is two of her great-grandmothers' as well.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I don't know about full flowing tears, but drips at reading this prayer, or a translation close to it, on Tuesday.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I don't dislike it, but it is no longer the art form it once was. I hardly write by hand these days, anyway.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I don't eat lunch meat often due to preservatives and junk, but roast beef would be it.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes. Two on earth and one in heaven.

6. WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? That all depends whether I got up enough courage to talk to myself.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not a lot. I used to, but it feels so violent and ugly that I can't bear myself when I do.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not voluntarily in any circumstance I can presently imagine.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I like my homemade granola.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? My pair with ties will not come off unless I do.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, not very. Interiorly, yes, I do.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Well, it is all forbidden fruit to this Type O, but if I'm going to eat it it had better be *real* cream stuff. Flavor is optional.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? If they are looking into my eyes or not.

15. RED OR PINK? I don't care much for either, but my dd likes pink, so I'll go with that.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My inability to decorate.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss Fr. John.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Herring bone grey/black pants, and no shoes.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A pear.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sounds of the computer whirring and my fingers typing.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Black. Something definite.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Steak, or something that reminds me of my grandmother's house. Or lilacs.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My husband

24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Olympic gymnastics, Olympic swimming, or sumo wrestling.

25. HAIR COLOR? Light brown that is speckled with gray.

26. EYE COLOR? Blue
.
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I did a long time ago. Sometimes I have this recurring dream about a contact about two feet in diameter that I am trying to fit on my eye.

28. FAVORITE FOOD? Beef. I'm happy to be a Type O.

29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. Being "forced" to watch the Walton's episode when their house burned down when I was a kid did me in for watching anything scary.

30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I watched a video tonight about survivors of the Titanic. But the last full-fledged movie I watched was the old Christmas in Connecticut a few weeks ago.

31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Yellow sweater.

32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. Please. Or just send me to the Philippines.

33. HUGS OR KISSES? If you aren't my husband or my child, please don't kiss me. Hugs are nice.

34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything I can eat and not regret. Let's see, that means no wheat, no dairy, no corn syrup, no chocolate after 12 noon.... Pamela's brand cookies usually work. I really like fruit, too.

35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Radical Hospitality. Still. That will be a blog post when I finish it.

36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Other than lots of holes because of ds biting into it, it is an ad for SRA International, which I know has something to do with one of my husband's former jobs.

38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Wait a second, what happened to #37? Well, my favorite sound is silence, followed by my family members' laughing.

39. BEATLES OR ROLLING STONES? Beatles.

40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Well, being suicidally-minded as a teenager. But geographically-speaking, if I count the United States as home, Osaka, Japan.

41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I've always considered being myself to be special talent.

42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Madison, Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Fred said...

I recently discovered this prayer too! And I just cried tonight watching Our Town.