Saturday, October 04, 2008

Two Contacts and an Offer

Some time ago I signed up with Goodreads when Sharon mentioned it on her blog. It has proven a useful way for me to keep track of books I want to read to my son, and it keeps me aware of how I should not be randomly requesting books for myself from the library when I see how long it takes me to read them. It has a nifty social feature to it, so if you'd like to sign up, or if you already use it, and would like to "be my friend," go here and click "add as a friend."

I also got myself on Facebook of all things today. A friend of mine from college, one of the very few people from that era of my life who still makes an effort to stay in touch with me (from Europe, I might add!) held the pictures of her newborn son captive on Facebook, so of course I had to join. Not to mention there's this little Facebook boom among the UnschoolingCatholics group in the last day or two. What can I say; it was meant to be. If you know me well enough to know my surname without me telling you here, go ahead and look for me and add me as a friend. Heck, it's weird, but maybe I'll get used to it. (Facebook, I mean. I might get used to having you as a friend, too.)

And now, the offer. If you buy supplements and have never tried iherb.com before, I can save you $5. (It is a good company, by the way. Back in the days of our intense fertility pursuits I did lots of cost comparisons and found iherb to be one of the best values out there. They ship promptly, too, and without outrageous shipping charges.) Just visit www.iherb.com, make your first-time customer order, and plunk in this code: MOM624. Easy as that. You get $5 off, and I think after tons of people do that I get a certain percentage off my orders as well.

No comments: