Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Six Quirks

So, Deacon Scott at his blog

Καθολικός διάκονος

which I am guessing means "Catholic deacon" tagged me for the six quirks meme. Here's how it is supposed to work:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged me
2. Mention the rules on my blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of mine
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

Now, I am very not sure what qualifies a quirk either as such, or particularly as unspectacular. I'll take that stipulation with a grain of salt, then I think we'll be ok.

Quirk one: I have strabismus. What this means in practical terms is that sometimes I see double. It rarely presents a problem to me, except during vision exams. My right eye could fall out of my head and get crushed underfoot and my brain would barely notice. My left eye rules the day. And to the great surprise of one optometrist, I have perfect depth perception nonetheless.

Quirk two: This is my quirk because I figured it out. My parents were related to each other very distantly by marriage. My father's second cousin once removed, Leon, was married to Vera, whose first cousin Katherine was married to my mother's great-uncle, David. Ok, so it is not that my parents are actually related to each other, but there are two bridges, so to speak, that cross the two family lines together.

Quirk three: I love to put salt on food.

Quirk four: I created (I think!) the word "uniquity" as a short form of saying "a specific way in which something is unique." My husband likes the word.

Quirk five: I have not worn polish on my fingernails since I was 16.

Quirk six: My hair is far thicker on the left side of my head. Somehow the right side of my body got short changed (see quirk one). I am right handed, though.

Now, who shall I tag? Oh my... How about

Ladybug Mommy Maria at Living on Adrenaline
Shauna at Fruitful Joy
Rachel at Between Stupid and Clever
Cindy at Puppy Kisses
Beate and Sabine at Fides Spes et Caritas
and
Stacy at Being Refined.

No comments: