Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Advent Prep, Made Physical (Finally)


I had envisioned a lot more of this kind of thing this Advent, but today I had a burst of energy and creativity and patience to clean out the living room and put up the first of our decor. Above you see our table decked out with tablecloths and tiny Jesse tree (and one wise man, journeying), and the mantle bedecked with our creche and some candles. Our two Advent wreaths are there, one barely visible because the candles are so short (hint, they are around our large white wedding candle, the larger-than-the-rest pink candle is hidden behind it). Below we have our winter scene stuff and Christmas cards displayed for the first time ever. Off to the far right will be our Christmas tree, but I think we will hold off until Christmas Eve for that. My daughter painfully pleaded to see Baby Jesus today, but we kept Him hidden away until it is time for His appearing. I shared in her yearning...

No comments: