Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This day always fills me with wondrous memories of that day, now 16 years ago, when Jesus called to my heart so powerfully, so strongly, so surprisingly, at a Midnight Mass at St. Anthony of Padua in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, showing me that He was, of all shocking places, in a Catholic Church! What a torturous 48 hours I had before I decided that, of course! the Catholic Church is where I had to go.


A Merry, blessed, happy and holy Christmas to everyone!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Marie,

It wasn't at a Midnight Mass, but I was also surprised when I found Jesus in a Catholic Church (5 years ago)...after 16 years as an Evangelical Protestant. When I think about those many years of truly loving Jesus, yet still knowing that somehow I was still not home; and then finding out those 16 years were a pilgrimage to the new Promised Land....the One, Holy Catholic, and Apostolic Church, I get very misty, grateful and filled with JOY!

Now I understand that it is not only CHRISTmas, but CHRIST-MASS, and I get goosebumps. Truly, being Catholic is the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten.

Thanks for your short, but very meaningful post.

And, since we are Catholic, this is just the 1st Day of the 12 Days of Christmas! :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Merry Christmas, dear Marie and family!

Leonie said...

Merry Christmas - my journey as Catholic began nn 1994, 13 years ago. I was confirmed 10 years ago, 1997...

Suzanne said...

Dear Marie,
I am so grateful that you found the Church, because if you hadn't, then I wouldn't have found you!!! And you are such a gift to my life, my friend. Because you have found Christ here, in the Catholic Church, I have found Christ in you.