Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Unusual Graces

Since my post about comfort zones, I've been thinking again of my early days as a Catholic. God gave me many, many unusual graces in those days, because He knew what my special needs package had to contain, and I guess because He saw my rather extensive limitations. Like not having a single friend with whom I shared my faith with within 75 miles. Then I had but two, and one more an ocean away. And with all my social limitations, I'd just left behind, or been left behind by, nearly all of my non-Catholic friends.

I was thinking about one of those unusual graces today, and it made me laugh in a sort of comfortable way, so comfortable that I'll even risk sharing it. Sometimes Jesus would sing to me as I prayed. I recorded all these events, like transcribing little love notes, but this one I'd remember even if I hadn't written it down. After I received communion one weekday, I heard the Lord sing to me the refrain of this song. I'm not kidding. And I think it is always true, truer today than ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie, I love it! I love that Jesus sings to you...I love that He sang this song! Thanks for sharing!! :) Kristin McG

Sara said...

Marie -- I too experienced some unusual graces after I made my first Penance and first Holy Eucharist at the age of 33!! Oh, we "ain't seen nothin' yet"! I have been trying to keep my feet on the ground after reading lots of prophesy latey (and I always spell it wrong) see my blog on our Lady of America (a few posts down) I wish we could meet someday...our parish about went under water due to lots of flooding here, more soon, your sister in Christ, SS