Monday, September 22, 2008

Out Of Darkness, The Series

I have mentioned this work a few times in conjunction with other thoughts, but I'd like to specifically draw attention to this series of blog posts at Abba's Little Girl.

My friend Patty writes about her journey of healing from sexual abuse, with the aim of testifying that healing is indeed possible, and that healing consists in walking from the darkness to the Light of Christ. That road? Forgiveness, repentance, and a life lived following with those who also follow Christ.

I will come back to update this post as she adds to the series.

Out Of Darkness

A co-worker of mine cornered me in the copy room one day and said, "How can you be Catholic with all the sexual abuse of kids by your so called Priests?"
Out of Darnkess - A Little Aside
Out Of Darkness - P.S.
Out of Darkness - The Mystery of Healing
Out of Darkness - Big Mess
...I stopped at a red light and looked into the night sky and begged with all my might for a husband. Sometimes God gives us what we ask for just because we make such a nag of ourselves.
Out of Darkness - Anatomy of a Miracle
Out of Darkness - I Miss My Mother
Out of Darkness - Nightmare on Paper
Out of Darkness - Into the Lion's Den
When I got married, I was determined that I would never again discuss my experiences with my father.
Out of Darkness - Renewing the Mind
Out of Darkness - Broken Cisterns
Jeremiah 2:13 - For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
Out of Darkness - Abba's Little Girl
Out of Darkness - Divorce Deliverance
Out of Darkness - Into His Arms
Out of Darkness - A Marriage that Wasn't
Out of Darkness - Following Alone
The rift between me and my two friends was very painful, but I knew in my heart that I was practicing what Diane had taught me to do: to follow Christ no matter what the cost.
Out of Darkness - Into His Embrace
Out of Darkness - Lights, Camera, Action
Out of Darkness - I Want to Make Something Very Clear
The purpose of this series is healing.
Out of Darkness - At The Crossroads
Out of Darkness - Light From Both Sides of the Tiber
Out of Darkness - It's Like Peeling an Onion
You cannot imagine (unless you're been through it) what it is like to have your own family not believe you about something so devastating as being molested.
Out of Darkness - Where Does It Hurt?
Out of Darkness - Where Does It Hurt? Part Two
Out of Darkness - A Forgiveness List
Out of Darkness - Discovering the Original Wheel
Out of Darkness - Letting Go
Out of Darkness - When Victims Feel Guilty
Out of Darkness - Doing Your Part
Out of Darkness - Doing Your Part, Part 2

No comments: