Thursday, September 27, 2007

Eats, Shoots & Leaves

This book is a hoot. I admit to preferring British English to American English and feeling a bit like the bumpkin who looks up to her beautiful, elegant cousin over the puddle. So, I get a chuckle out of just about anything British. But a book about bemoaning the punctuation errors that run rampant in modern culture is just a complete hoot. I have actually seen a billboard in our town with a misplaced apostrophe. I found one in a formal letter I received yesterday with our zoo membership. It is just one of those quirky things to get very bothered by this sort of thing, but it is relief to find that others are bothered by it as well. Perhaps not everyone would find a book about punctuation to be side-splitting humor, but this book has me laughing out loud.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Marie-
I love this book, too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun :-) We have a childcare business across the street called "Kid's Day" I guess they only take one child at a time?