Friday, October 20, 2006

Direction for our Times

Two weeks ago, I went to hear a speaker at Franciscan University. She is known as Anne, and she is reported to receive locutions from Heaven. Now, I am not one who chases after every private revelation or everyone claiming a message from God. I believe, wholeheartedly, that God does speak to people. That God desires to communicate with us in private ways. But I believe the Church also asks us to be discerning.

That Fr. Michael Scanlon and Dr. Mark Miravalle were welcoming her got my attention as they certainly are not light-weights or people who promote spurious causes.

So, I went. I was pretty much expecting to hear someone who was serious, dramatic, who had instructions about more praying and more fasting, or something like that.

Instead what I heard was a woman whose demeanor can best be described as "normal." Extremely normal. Her message was not at all dreary, or heavy or depressing. And so much, SO MUCH of what she said just resonated with me and affirmed what I feel God has been leading me in for the last many months.

You can read more about the mission here:
http://www.directionforourtimes.com/


After she spoke, there was a Holy Hour of adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. The priest who works with this apostolate lead the holy hour, and we prayed (among other intentions) that God would give us the grace to know clearly His will into which He desired to lead us.

This last week I have had that grace, and many others.

Much of the message is simply that we need to embrace our daily duty in a holy way. Live simply, and get rid of "excess baggage" that detracts from our duty or just isn't necessary. Offer and consecrate each day to the Lord, pledge your allegiance to Him and pray for the grace to follow His will in all things. God's desire, this message tells us, is to come into the world through us, through our daily duties which we thus consecrate to Him.

There are many writings which Anne has produced, and I've only read a few little things. I want to read more, though, and plan to do so.

No comments: