Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Tasty Dinner

I made the following recipe for dinner tonight, and I'm happy to report it was rather tasty! It also is a rather inexpensive and simple dish to make. And it is relatively blood-type compliant for both O and A. This winning combination merits it a blog post!

Linguine with tuna, white beans and dill

12 oz linguine (I substituted spelt spaghetti)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 can (19 oz) white kidney beans, drained (I used 1 cup dried great northern beans)
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 3/4 c. cold chicken stock
4 tsp flour
1 can (6.5 oz) tuna in water, drained
1/2 c. chopped fresh dill or 1tbsp. dried
1/3 c. sliced black olives
1/4 c. chopped green onions

Directions:

1. Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions or until firm to the bite. Drain and place in serving bowl.

2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add garlic, beans and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes or until hot.

3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine stock and flour until smooth. Add to bean mixture; simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Pour over pasta. Add tuna, dill, olives and green onions. Toss to combine.

The Recipe is from The Beans, Lentils & Tofu Gourmet

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, yum, I love both tuna and beans!

Mathochist said...

Oh, BLESS YOU for sharing this! I have been so dinner-weary the last 4 or 5 weeks. Even with all the new allergies, that recipe is not so bad for anyone in my family. (Well, except for my aversion to black olives!)

Marie said...

Stacy,

As you might know, black olives are the only no-no in this recipe for Type O. I add them in though, because they've always been a big favorite for me!

Mathochist said...

I didn't realize that about olives. Probably because I don't like them, knew I would never eat them willingly, so just forgot all about it! ;)