Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Need to Eat Right!

We are back from a trip to Grandma's house, and at least an hour ago grogging in bed I had so many things to blog about that I decided to forgo the post-trip sleep in today.

We'll see if I can remember my ideas now that I'm up :)

The most obvious thing to me this morning is that doing the Blood Type Diet is NOT for naught. I've been doing Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo's Eat Right For Your Type approach for a couple of years now, and I admit that of late I've been bemoaning food boredom and cooking ruts in trying to prepare suitable meals for my mixed Type O and Type A family. On this trip as on many others I succumbed to more cultural eating: wheat products, corn chips, popcorn, corn syrupy products (which is just about anything that's processed) and potatoes/fries being my worst downfalls. My digestive system did just fine with the first few mouthfuls. But boy howdy am I paying for my indulgence today. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say I'm not feeling well.

I thought about how hard it is to make conscious dietary choices when traveling. But then at a roadside stop on our return trip I noted an Orthodox Jewish family settling in for a picnic lunch. I have an idea keeping kosher in a fast food culture is just as hard as Eating Right for your Type.

Note to self: find solutions before the next big trip.

No comments: