Saturday, June 09, 2007

It's Out!! Rejoice!

I know all of my faithful blog readers are waiting with bated breath to hear the news. The living room carpet is out! The floor is beautiful! It will need more washing, and the furniture is not put back yet (we are still working out how to do so). But I will post a few of the in-process pictures.

The first peel-back.

A lovely pattern is revealed.




How about a close up of that? And exactly what was someone thinking to put carpet over this in the first place?!


And in front of the fireplace, brick work and a hole are revealed. I suppose this means it was actually used as a gas fireplace at one time. Hmm.... potential here?

My son and I have been reading about microbes, dust mites and other creatures that share our lives without being seen. Talk about extra motivation to complete this project quickly. I've been saying for I don't know how long that I would hate to look at our carpet under a microscope. I'm guessing there would have been more microbes in it than there are people in China. Perhaps in the whole world!

I am just so happy! I need to play the Peanuts theme and dance on the new floor!

More pictures to come when we get the room refurnished.

2 comments:

Mathochist said...

What a pretty floor!

Leonie said...

I love wood floors - looks lovely!