Sunday, October 31, 2010

Gearing up for NaBloPoMo





Within the last year or so, Facebook has taken over a lot of my attention and time when it comes to sharing my thoughts, especially the quicker or pithier ones. But tomorrow it will be November, and November is of course "National Blog Posting Month" where decent bloggers everywhere decide that they will show their devotion to their craft and hobby by posting every day. I've done this before, but not lately, and I don't actually recall if I've ever faithfully followed through. But heck, I thought I'd give it a whirl. There's not much better to do in November, anyway, except celebrate Thanksgiving, birthdays, and Advent. Ok, so that's plenty. But, writing can help in all of this by keeping my brain nimble and active, and remembering what day it is. And making the month seem plenty long.

Actually, I've been toying with a theme: Stories I never get tired of telling [Even if I've never told them before]. That's what I'd like to do.

My problem, of course, is having the free time to sit at the computer with the requisite silence to be able to spew my thoughts in any kind of order. If I'm diligent I can carve out time, and diligence is good to develop.

So wish me luck.

No comments: