Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I admit that one of the things I love about the Advent and Christmas season is that our television gets dethroned. To put up a tree, something has to give, and I seem to make sure that each year it is the TV. This year it may be a bit more permanent. As we do not have cable and receive only one channel well here in our valley, we really do not watch much television beyond the news. So, the TV is mostly in use for video watching. But on our main television, the built in VCR has gone kerfluey. It is now in the entrance hallway so that weather forecasts can be checked. Then I salvaged one of the tvs left by our former renters (see this post) which essentially only plays videos. That is up in "the play room" right now. Which means we have a peaceful first floor and that the talking box is out of sight, out of mind for the kiddos during the day.

The peace and happiness this brings me makes me wonder why I didn't think of it sooner.

By the way, I also want to be self-congradulatory (in the nicest way, of course), regarding my accomplishment yesterday. I overcame a long-standing fear of car batteries and learned to jump start our car with our electric charger. And I may need to do it again tomorrow to get it to the shop to replace the switch that keeps our dome lights on longer than needed -- hence draining the battery!

No comments: